Wednesday 11 May 2011

Day 45 - TIRED!

I don't understand it.
I keep reading testimonies from other raw foodians which go something like this:

...Eating raw gives you an amazing boost in energy. I used to get tired around 2 or 3pm during the day. Now I simply don’t have that problem. When I do get tired, it doesn’t last nearly as long and an orange or apple will recharge me within a few minutes... I’ve slept better than ever while eating raw. But most importantly, I don’t wake up feeling tired or groggy anymore. On most days, I wake up feeling full of energy...
Taken from: 10 Reasons Eating Raw is Healthier For You and the Planet

Why do I not feel this way?
I simply feel exhausted all the time.
I am trying:

- drinking more
- B12 & Iron supplements
- eating & snacking as much as I can

And maybe I will just need to persevere, as it is likely that I am anaemic, and this will not correct itself overnight. I have also had lots of emotional stuff going on, and probably also because of this, I have been feeling tired for several months . But still. I have been 100% raw for almost half of the experiment timeframe now. The gal I quote above, was saying this after only 30 days (or perhaps even less).

How can I get my energy back? Somebody?!

1 comment:

  1. I feel a whole lot better and have been doing so for around two weeks. This coincides pretty neatly with me having decided to no longer use a certain hormonal based contraceptive product. I am now fairly certain that my extreme tiredness - which lasted at least up until day 62 - was caused by that. It's nice to feel vaguely human again.

    ReplyDelete