Thursday 2 June 2011

Day 67 - Avocado thing


I need a better name for this dish...

I created this having been inspired by Boris and his most inventive use of marinated aubergine.
I thought my aubergine days were over for the rest of my raw life. But then - I tasted the aubergine and broad bean quiche and I was hooked.

So I went home and bought me some aubergine, cubed it up and marinaded it in:

olive oil
garlic
ginger
sesame seeds
agave nectar
pink salt (now that would be a good name for a piece of creative writing)
black pepper
a very little bit of chili
a squeeze of lemon juice

all whizzed up in a blender.

I marinaded it in the fridge for at least a day, but was not really focused on how to make a quiche I must admit. So adventurous I am not. And especially without a dehydrator. So I made the meal that you can see in the photo above.
Avocado thing (otherwise known as guacamole) with a side of a Something Else thing (made with aubergine).

It tasted quite good actually.

I just need a damn name...

No comments:

Post a Comment